lisaschensted

Lisa the Nerd

I'm a nerd who likes to read YA lit. Sometimes adult books when someone insists it's fabulous. Always Jane Austen.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
Shadow Kiss
Richelle Mead
Such a Rush
Jennifer Echols
Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5)
Hugh Howey
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith In a sentence or so: A girl meets a boy and sweet, swoony, quirky, thoughtful, and simply lovely things happen in the midst of frustration, grief, and delayed flights. Hadley's late for her flight to her dad's wedding in London to some lady she's never met and doesn't want to meet, thank you very much, because it basically destroyed her family. She's got her angst amped up to 11 when she misses her flight and bumps into this adorable British boy named Oliver who ends up sitting next to her on the plane and being genuinely awesome and a tad silly but also sincerely interested in what Hadley's got going on in her life.This is a story of life changes and disappointment and unexpected hope. While I thought Hadley was totally justified in her frustration and angst, I loved that Oliver listened to her, respected her, and tried to give her some perspective while being supportive. He ended up voicing a lot of the advice I would have to Hadley. Which of course endeared him to me all the more.Sure, Hadley and Oliver are what keep the pages turning, but within those pages is depth and insight into families and second chances and life changes we can all relate to. I was expecting an adorable romance (hello - BRITISH BOY) but was pleasantly surprised by the emotional exploration and family plots. If you're looking for a read that will make you laugh, swoon, think and hope, please read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. You know, if you're one of the 4 people who hasn't already done so.Fix er up: More, please! Pairs well with: Your favorite latte. Because like your favorite latte, this book will make you feel all warm and fuzzy and happy inside. Also, it reads like a friend over a cup of coffee so that is double perfect.Fave quote: "In the end, it's not the changes that will break your heart; it's that tug of familiarity." (21 ARC)