lisaschensted

Lisa the Nerd

I'm a nerd who likes to read YA lit. Sometimes adult books when someone insists it's fabulous. Always Jane Austen.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
Shadow Kiss
Richelle Mead
Such a Rush
Jennifer Echols
Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5)
Hugh Howey
Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley in a sentence or so: Lucy is on a desperate search for the graffiti artist known as Shadow. she’s also the wingwoman for her best friend Jazz and has to spend the last night of year 12 with the boy whose nose she broke. luckily for Lucy, she’s getting two birds with one stone. Lucy is a unique artist from a quirky family. she finds solace in her psychic best friend Jazz and in the hobby-turned-creative-outlet of glass blowing. she can just tell that Shadow is the type of boy who will understand her and makes it her mission to discover his identity. she just never seems to be in the right place at the right time...Ed quit school to work part time, help his mom with the bills, and to continue painting his heart and soul onto crumbling walls. he feels like he’s not good enough, not smart enough, not typical enough for his ex-girlfriend Beth - and certainly not good enough for the for girl who broke his nose over an ass grabbing incident. after his mentor and boss dies, Ed searches for direction and meaning. between alternating chapters, we have the fabulous vantage point of being third person omniscient and knowing each thought, feeling, shift and change in Ed and Lucy. we are with them when they are reluctantly paired together for a night of shenanigans and wingman/wingwoman duties. we are with them when they start to have fun together at a party. we are with them when they start to share more about who they are with one another. we are with them when the sparks start. we are with them when those sparks turn into a flame that spreads more quickly than either of them anticipates...though neither one minds the heat. this is a story about Ed and Lucy discovering the true identity of each other over one crazy evening. the way they arrive to this discovery includes, but is not limited to, near nipple piercings, running over someone with a bike, sharing secrets and insecurities, holding hands, and laying on the roof of a pink van. what really brings this book home are the amazing background characters. between their friends who are on the crazy adventures with them, their artistic mentors, the crazy guy threatening to beat them up, and dysfunctional families, you can’t help but fall in love with Ed and Lucy individually and root for them to the very end. if you’re looking for that next great rush of captivating storytelling, slow-burn romance and envy-enducing artistic expression from characters with a lot to say, be sure to pick this one up. fave quote: "I missed him after he'd gone. I mean, it's not like the feeling he gave me stopped because he grabbed my arse. I spent the weekend after our date wishing I could stab him with my fluffy-duck pen and staring at the phone hoping he'd call. Dating is a very tricky business." (476 of 2345 on Kindle)fix er up: i really liked the Poet chapters (Ed’s friend, Leo) and would have LOVED to have a few Jazz chapters thrown in.